EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH ANAND MAHURKAR, FOUNDER & CEO, FINDABILITY SCIENCES
Data being the new oil, almost every organization is currently understanding the potential that data holds for them. To explore the prospects of data with digital transformation and artificial intelligence, these organizations are in dire need of proper guidance. Findability Sciences enables customers across industries and geographies to accelerate their Data-to-AI Journey. Analytics Insight has engaged in an exclusive interview with Anand Mahurkar, Founder & CEO, Findability Sciences.
1. Kindly brief us about the company, its specialization, and the services that your company offers.
Findability Sciences is a leading Enterprise AI Company that helps traditional enterprises worldwide realize the potential of data and become data superpowers. We at Findability Sciences enable customers across industries and geographies to accelerate their Data-to-AI Journey, enabling them to build their own IP and data science capabilities, besides executing strategically to derive real financial ROI.
Our strong suite of offerings cut across industries such as manufacturing, retail, media, and communication. Findability Sciences has four key product offerings such as Findability.AI Findability.DSL, Findability.Labs and Findability.Inside. Our award-winning proprietary platform, Findability.AI, combines Machine Learning, Computer Vision, and Natural Language Processing to help enterprises accelerate their Data-to-AI Journey.
There are six ways in which our offerings create value for our clients- cost reduction, speed to execution, reduced complexity, transformed engagement, insight-backed innovation, and fortified trust. We are an award-winning Enterprise AI company, which is empowering tomorrow through innovation for every industry. For every industry, there is a #FindabilitySolves solution and it’s helping traditional businesses harness the power of data & AI to transform business.
2. With what mission and objectives, the company was set up? In short, tell us about your journey since the inception of the company?
The genesis of establishing Findability Sciences was to equip enterprises with ‘the ability to find information.’ As a first-generation entrepreneur and an immigrant to the U.S.A, I was determined to build my own venture in advanced technology like Artificial Intelligence ever since my first job. Starting alone and bootstrapping the business for a person with my background was not an easy task. Today my team at Findability Sciences has progressed through a lot of challenges and built multiple layers of technologies on our initial platform making it an award-winning AI solutions company.
We have grown tremendously – from a single-person company to now with 150+ team members, working with world-renowned companies across the USA, Japan, and India, forging ahead. This has helped us to attract the best teams and resources that we have today.
3. Kindly mention some of the major challenges the company has faced till now.
During the initial years of starting up Findability Sciences, starting alone and bootstrapping the business for a person with my background was not an easy task. Monetary challenges were a huge hurdle and scaling the operations without external support was also tough. However, we kept our focus on costs and generating revenue which helped us to generate profits every single year. Findability Sciences products and offerings were at least 2 to 3 years ahead of the market, and it took a lot of time & energy to convince customers to use our products. We kept our focus and consistent efforts in demonstrating value to the customers through proof of concepts, by continually changing the business model, and by adding innovative features.
4. How is Big Data and AI evolving today in the industry as a whole? What are the most important trends that you see emerging across the globe?
The promise of artificial intelligence in transforming businesses is appreciated by leadership across industries, however, the way AI is looked at, thought about, adopted, and used decides its impact on the organization. Some of the key and emerging trends were seen across the globe are:
- The global use and further development of AI continued to grow in 2021 as enterprises found more ways to deploy it and developers discovered new ways to capture its possibilities for business users.
- Business verticals including banking, financial services, insurance, and manufacturing will further deploy AI in transformative ways to bolster their performance and operations
- While the importance of big data is known to everyone, it is equally important for enterprises to adapt to the concept of Wide Data.
- These days, “big data” simply isn’t enough. To provide meaningful insights and valuable analytics for optimal decision-making, companies must adopt the concept of “wide data.” Whereas big data focuses on the so-called “three V’s” — volume, velocity, and value — wide data homes in on value.
- Wide Data involves taking data from all the sources present in the system while going beyond the firewalls of the company and getting the external data like news releases and financial data or socioeconomic data, traffic, data, weather data to truly harness its power.
- Just like how the internet changed every facet of commercial transactions, AI will have the same level – if not more – of an impact.
5. How does your company’s strategy facilitate the transformation of an enterprise?
The use of enterprise AI technology can improve performance considerably by using algorithms to prioritize and qualify leads, predicting and recommending the best course of action to meet set goals, and optimally utilizing resources to generate the most impact. In a fast-evolving business environment, AI needs to be paired with the ability to make more frequent, more responsive, and more accurate business decisions.
For every industry, there is a #FindabilitySolves solution and it’s helping traditional businesses harness the power of data for AI-led digital transformation.
6. Please brief us about the products/services/solutions you provide to your customers and how do they get value out of it?
We at Findability Sciences offer four key products. Our strong suite of offerings cut across industries such as manufacturing, retail, media, and communication. Offerings such as Findability.AI, Findability.DSL, Findability.Labs and our newest offering Findability. Inside are all aimed at strategic, capability, and financial returns on investments and AI-led digital transformation. Cost savings, speed to execution, decreased complexity, transformed engagement, insight-backed innovation, and fortified trust are six primary ways in which our products produce value for our clients.
Our key offerings include:
- Findability.AI: is our flagship product providing a holistic AI solution, combining elements of Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Computer Vision to build an unsupervised, fully autonomous multi-step modelling and prediction process that produces results faster. With the solution, we collect, connect, analyse and learn from structured, unstructured, internal, external, and wide data with automated self-learning AI that produces predictions with unmatched accuracy.
- Findability.DSL: is a unique, holistic, and first-of-its-kind model of engagement that focuses on exploration, innovation, prototyping, and implementation of AI solutions. It puts enterprises on a path of successful AI adoption.
- Findability. Labs: is a product that harnesses the power of partner product offerings from IBM, Snowflake, SAP, Automation Anywhere, and Opensource technologies, to help organizations with laying the foundation for enterprise Data & AI Adoption.
- Findability. Inside: is an embeddable, easy repeatable solution that seamlessly integrates Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Computer Vision capabilities with the customers’ existing solutions bringing the power of AI to traditional automation solutions and delivering superior business value.
7. What are your growth plans for the next 12 months?
We have a clear and focused approach for 2022 – India is a very strategic market for us and we would like to reinforce our proposition & cutting-edge AI solutions for enterprises across sectors. Our development center is in Aurangabad, Maharashtra, from where we serve clients globally. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking to double our manpower in India. And finally, we aim to build a compelling narrative for the utilitarian factor of AI technology among enterprises today who are planning their next digital leap and the Findability Sciences story through a digital-first strategy & creative storytelling. Our vision is to become the most preferred Enterprise AI partner for traditional businesses that want to transform themselves.